Welcome to our website
Welcome to transwood.com, our new website! TransWood has been in the bulk transportation service since 1928, and grew by nurturing customer relationships and focusing on surpassing customer expectations. TransWood has made that happen by hiring qualified, experience personnel and empowering them to succeed.
From the beginning, bulk transportation has been our business and customer service has been our commitment. We pay attention to the details and exceed our customers’ expectations. TransWood has the expertise to offer you a complete logistics solution tailored to your individual needs. Our terminals complement each other, offering the resources to supply national, supplemental and emergency logistics and load services.
We provide customized services to many different industries, each unique, but requiring innovative solutions. We also offer contract and dedicated carriage, hazardous materials knowledge, logistics partnering, quality management and other specialized services.
Our mission is to achieve excellence through superior systems, training, and dedication which ensures TransWood will provide a level of disciplined quality service to exceed our customers’ expectations.
TransWood is committed to protecting the health, safety and security of our employees and independent contractors while minimizing the impact of our operations on the public and the environment where we operate.
We work towards achieving these goals through a proactive management system that includes the following elements:
- Continual Responsible Care® improvement of our operations which strives to lower incidents of injury to employees or the public and accidental releases of products under our control into the environment.
- Continual up-to-date training for our employees and independent contractors.
- Management commitment to this policy through ongoing communication.
- Be in compliance with applicable government regulations and TransWood policies and procedures verified by operational audits.
- Providing resources to support this policy.
- Work with our customers to ensure we are prepared to handle their products safely and securely and communicate with our stakeholders.
Are you a veteran transitioning into civilian life? TransWood can provide you with the opportunity for a reliable career with a debt-free and stable company. We have been on the road for 90 years with many more years ahead of us. TransWood’s veteran-friendly atmosphere is a great place to start on your new civilian mission.
What about armed services driving experience? Your armed services driving experience could help you get a foot in the door. At TransWood, we value and appreciate our military heroes and we want to make their transition into civilian life as easy as possible. What could be easier than doing something you already have experience doing? Of course, we will need to see a few documents to confirm your driving experience to include:
- Commander’s Certification Letter
- Memorandum for Record (MFR)
- DD214 – Certificate of release or discharge from active duty.
Once we receive those documents, you are that much more ready to embark on the next phase of your civilian career.